Emily MartinEllen P. Williams Associate Professor in Music
About Emily Martin
- Doctorate of Musical Arts Performance and Pedagogy, Summa Cum Laude, University of Colorado Boulder
- Artist Diploma in Voice and Opera Performance, The Academy of Vocal Arts, Philadelphia, PA
- Bachelor of Music, Voice Performance, Cum Laude, School of Music, College of Fine Arts, Boston University
- Creative entrepreneurship
- Flexibility in the arts
- Civic engagement in the arts
- Musicians' wellness
Other Interests and Activities
As an ideator and artist, Emily (she/her/hers) has continued her performing career around the world — from Carnegie Hall to the Santa Fe Opera to Paris, France and London, UK. She is also a founding member of the international performing trio, Women on the Verge (WOV) — an group of women dedicated to advocating for women-centered stories in music.
Emily was awarded a 2022-2023 Fulbright U.S. Scholar Award to teach and research at The Royal Conservatoire in The Hague, Netherlands. Emily is also co-founder of em2CONNECT, a small creative consulting practice specializing in rebranding, repositioning, and promoting flexible thinking around artistic careers for creatives.
As a life-long educator and registered yoga teacher, Emily has taught master classes and led workshops in arts entrepreneurship, voice coaching, and musician-specific movement classes across the world.