- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, 2005
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering, University of Manitoba, 2008
- Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering, University of Manitoba, 2012
- Transport in Porous Media
- Application and development of non-intrusive flow measurement techniques e.g. Particle image velocimetry, laser Doppler Anemometry
- Development of wind tunnels and turbulence generators for atmospheric turbulence simulations
- Atmospheric Dispersion Modelling
- Core Analysis
- Instrumentation for the characterization of fluid flow and heat transfer through reservoir
- Thermodynamics (MECH 213)
- Introduction to Mechanical Engineering Lab Practice (MECH 222)
- Senior Design (MECH 401) Supervisor
Arthur, J.K., 2018, `Porous media flow transitioning into the Forchheimer regime: a PIV study,' Journal of Applied Fluid Mechanics, Vol 11(2), pp 297-307.
Arthur, J.K., Ruth, D.W., and Tachie, M. F., 2013, ‘Porous medium flow and an overlying parallel flow: PIV interrogation area, interfacial location, and depth ratio effects,' Transport in Porous Media, DOI : 10.1007/s11242-012-0107-9, 21 pages
Ruth, D. W. and Arthur, J.K., 2011 ‘A revised analytic solution to the linear displacement problem including capillary pressure effects,' Transport in Porous Media, Vol 86, pp 881 - 894.
Arthur, J.K., Ruth, D.W. and Tachie, M. F., 2009, ‘Velocity measurement of flow through a model three-dimensional porous medium with varying boundary conditions,' Journal of Fluid Mechanics, Vol 629, pp 343-374.
Arthur, J.K. and Kantzas, A., 2016, ‘Effective Thermal Conductivity Assessments of an Oil Sand Reservoir,' Presented at the International Symposium of the Society of Core Analysts, 21-26 August, Snow Mass, Colorado, USA.
Arthur, J.K., Akinbobola, O., Kryuchkov, S., and Kantzas, A., 2015, ‘Thermal Conductivity Measurements of Bitumen Bearing Reservoir Rocks,' SPE Canada Heavy Oil Technical Conference, 9-11 June, Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
Bejatovic, S., Kincaid, L., Arthur, J.K., and Tachie, M. F., 2012, ‘Proper orthogonal decomposition of flow around A S1223 air foil,' CSME Symposium on Fluid Dynamics 2012.