- B.S., California at Irvine
- Ph.D., Oregon State
- Physical chemistry
- Atmospheric chemistry
- Laser spectrosocpy
- Vibrational energy transfer
- Atmospheric reaction dynamics
- Symposium Organizer and session chair at 2016 Fall ACS National Meeting in Philadelphia, "Effective Team-Teaching in Undergraduate Chemistry Programs"
- Co-creater of the Discovery Residential College, launched in the fall of 2013
- Chair of the Bucknell University Committee on Instruction 2014-15
- Symposium Organizer and presenter at 2013 Fall ACS National Meeting in Indianapolis, "Creative Approaches to Physical Chemistry Instruction"
- Co-leader of the Teaching and Learning Center's Faculty Learning Community of Flipped Classrooms
- Department of Chemistry Assessment Coordinator
Michael R. Cecchini* and Karen J. Castle, Chem. Phys. Lett. 638, 149 (2015). "Vibrational Relaxation of 13CO2(ν2) by O(3P)."
Karen J. Castle, Labe A. Black*, and Tara J. Pedersen*, J. Phys. Chem. A, 118 (25), 4548 (2014). "Vibrational Relaxation of O3(ν2) by O(3P)."
Karen J. Castle, Labe A. Black*, Michael W. Simione*, and James A. Dodd, J. Geophys. Res. 117, A04310 (2012). "Vibrational Relaxation of CO2(nu2) by O(3P) in the 142-490 K Temperature Range."
Karen J. Castle and Stephanie M. Rink*, J. Chem. Educ. 87, 1360 (2010). "Customized Laboratory Experience in Physical Chemistry."