- Ph.D., Accounting, Rutgers University, 2018.
- M.B.A., Rutgers University, 2007.
- M.A., Minsk State Linguistic University, 2003.
- B.A., Minsk State Linguistic University, 2002.
- Textual analysis of conference call transcripts
- Investor reaction to idioms and fixed expressions that analysts and managers use during calls
- Corporate governance
- Voluntary disclosures
- Value relevance of order backlog disclosures in the corporate filings
- Characteristics of board members and the effect their tenure has on their functions and on firm value
Recent and Representative Publications
Klevak, J., Livnat, J., Pei, Duo (Selina), & Suslava, K. (2021). A New Uncertainty Measure -- CAM. The Journal of Investing, 30(2), 93--113. https://joi.pm-research.com/content/30/2/93
Livnat, J., Smith, G., Suslava, K., & Tarlie, M. (2021). Board tenure and firm performance. Global Finance Journal, 47, 100535. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S104402831930225X
Suslava, K. (2021). “Stiff Business Headwinds and Uncharted Economic Waters”: The Use of Euphemisms in Earnings Conference Calls. Management Science. http://dx.doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.2020.3826
Klevak, J., Livnat, J., Pei, D., & Suslava, K. (2019). 'Fake' Tariff News: Is Corporate America Concerned with Trade War?. Journal of Investing, 28(5), 122–131. doi.org/10.3905/joi.2019.1.088
Klevak, J., Livnat, J., & Suslava, K. (2019). A Practical Approach to Advanced Text Mining in Finance. The Journal of Financial Data Science, 1(1), 122–129. jfds.iijournals.com/content/1/1/122
Livnat, J., Smith, G., Suslava, K., & Tarlie, M. (2019). Do Directors Have a Use-By Date? Examining the Impact of Board Tenure on Firm Performance. American Journal of Management, 19(2). doi.org/10.33423/ajm.v19i2.2073
Klevak, J., Livnat, J., & Suslava, K. (2019). When More Or Less Is Less: Managers’ Clichés. The Journal of Financial Data Science, 1(3), 57--67. doi.org/10.3905/jfds.2019.1.3.057
Recent Courses Taught
- ACFM 322, Intermediate Financial Accounting II.
Awards and Honors
- Best Paper Award, 26th Annual Global Finance Conference. (2019).
- Best Presentation Award, European Investment Forum Research. (2019).
- Honorary Mention, Hillcrest Behavioral Finance Award. (2019).