Tulu BayarProfessor of Art
About Tulu Bayar
Tulu Bayar holds a B.A. from the University of Ankara and an M.F.A from the University of Cincinnati. She has participated in numerous solo and group exhibitions at venues both in the U.S. and Europe with published catalogs including Pratt Manhattan Gallery; the de Saisset Museum in California; the Center for Photography at Woodstock; 825 Gallery in Los Angeles; Elgiz Museum of Contemporary Art in Istanbul; Textile Museum in D.C.; Belfast Exposed Photography in the U.K.; Camac Centre d'Art in France; Galerie Image in Denmark; D-21 in Germany; Houston Center for Photography; Contemporary Art Center in Cincinnati and Ellipsis Gallery in Istanbul, to name a few.
Her work is in public and private collections throughout the United States and Europe.
Bayar has received various artist-in-residency grants and fellowships, most notably the William Sackett Fellowship from Virginia Center for Creative Arts, the Camac Centre d'Art Artist-in-Residency grant funded by the Tenot Foundation in France and the Center for Photography at Woodstock Artist-in-Residency grant funded by the Andy Warhol Foundation and the New York State Council on the Arts.
- B.A., in Communications from the University of Ankara
- M.F.A., in Photography and Electronic Media from the University of Cincinnati
- "20's Something", Tulu Bayar Solo Exhibition, Amos Eno Gallery, Brooklyn, N.Y., April 3-26, 2015, https://www.artsy.net/show/amos-eno-gallery-tulu-bayar-20-s-something
- "Unraveling Identity: Our Textiles, Our Stories", Tulu Bayar Invitational Exhibition, The Textile Museum, Washington, D.C., curated by Sumru Belger Krody and Lee Talbot, March 21- August 9, 2015, http://hyperallergic.com/199482/revamped-textile-museum-in-dc-weaves-together-historic-and-contemporary-fabrics/
- Frieze Art Fair Select N.Y. 2015, Tulu Bayar's work entitled "Invisible" represented by Studio 26 Gallery, Chelsea, N.Y., May 13-17, 2015.
- "20's Something", Tulu Bayar Solo Exhibition, Samek Art Museum Downtown Gallery, August 23-November 9, 2014
- "Sorry I Miss You", Tulu Bayar Invitational Group Show, curated by Ron Lambert, The Greenly Center, Bloomsburg University, Pa., September 3-October 1, 2015
318 Holmes Hall