In 2014, Bucknell began offering Ally Training, a sexual violence prevention course for members of our Greek-letter organizations. Opened to all members of the Bucknell Community in Fall 2018, this in-depth, discussion-based experience meets in 90-minute sessions once a week for seven weeks and explores how individuals can empower themselves to create lasting cultural change while at Bucknell, both within their circles and the greater community.
- An overview of sexual violence.
- Understanding of bystander intervention.
- Gender norms and stereotypes.
- Analysis of rape culture in society.
- Sexual objectification and unhealthy sexual attitudes.
- The importance of consent.
- Helping skills for working with a survivor.
- Resources and reporting processes on campus.
To join a cohort of your fellow peers in becoming an Ally, email firstname.lastname@example.org or the Interpersonal Violence Prevention and Advocacy Coordinator, Kristin Gibson, at email@example.com.