In 2014, Bucknell began offering Ally Training, a sexual violence prevention course for members of our Greek-letter organizations. Opened to all members of the Bucknell Community in Fall 2018, this in-depth, discussion-based experience meets in 90-minute sessions once a week for seven weeks and explores how individuals can empower themselves to create lasting cultural change while at Bucknell, both within their chapter and the greater community.
Nominate yourself or someone else to participate in Ally Training.
- An overview of sexual violence.
- Understanding of bystander intervention.
- Gender norms and stereotypes.
- Analysis of rape culture in society.
- Sexual objectification and unhealthy sexual attitudes.
- The importance of consent.
- Helping skills for working with a survivor.
- Resources and reporting processes on campus.