Accepted Transfer Credits
- To be accepted for transfer credit that will count toward graduation requirement, the course must be comparable to a course offered at Bucknell.
- If the course content does not have a Bucknell course equivalent, the level of transfer credit will be determined.
- If the accepted course cannot be assigned to one specific department or program it will be designated NDPT (non-departmental).
View the Transfer Credit Summary Sheet (PDF)
Unaccepted Transfer Credits
- Any course with a grade of "C-" or below.
- Pass/fail grades, audits or courses that have already been taken at Bucknell or elsewhere.
- Courses in professional or vocational fields.
- Courses from professional schools.
- Mathematics courses below introductory calculus.
- Language courses that repeat high school work.
- Physical education credits.
To receive transfer credit, you must request an official transcript from the institution where the course was taken. The transcript should be sent to the following address:
Office of the Registrar
Lewisburg, PA 17837
Additionally, you must provide the Registrar's Office with a course description or syllabus.
Accepted transfer credits are not included in a student's Bucknell grade point average (GPA) calculation.
Advanced Placement (AP) Scores
AP test scores should be sent to our office (CEEB Code 2050). Once we receive an official report of your scores, we will evaluate them and make the appropriate additions to your academic record.
View the AP Score Chart (PDF)
International Baccalaureate (IB) and Credit
IB Diploma recipients with a minimum score of 5 on each of the six subject examinations will be awarded six course credits toward their degree requirements at Bucknell.
Diploma recipients who do not meet the minimum score requirements will receive course credit for only those higher level courses passed with a score of 5 or higher.
IB Certificate students (non-diploma) will receive course credits for each higher level course passed with an examination score of 5 or higher.
No credit is awarded for standard-level courses except as noted for IB Diploma recipients above.