Employment dates for 2021-22: Monday, Aug. 23, 2021 - Tuesday, May 17, 2022
Off-campus federal work-study jobs with local agencies or nonprofit organizations must be in the public interest. To the maximum extent practicable, the Office of Civic Engagement tries to provide jobs that complement and reinforce each recipient's educational program or career goals.
Note: The work-study program is limited to U.S. citizens.
How to Apply
- Find a job that interests you on Handshake.
- Contact the Office of Civic Engagement to set up a 15-minute appointment to verify eligibility or talk about the requirements for the position.
- Obtain the employer's contact information. Keep in mind that, to be hired, you will need documentation to enroll in payroll.
Learn about the documentation you will need
- After obtaining the employer's contact information, set up an interview meeting.
- If hired, stop by the Office of Civic Engagement to obtain an Employment Form and have the employer fill it out completely.
- Return the form and signed contract to the Office of Civic Engagement for processing.
- Fill out a W-9, I-9 and Direct Deposit Authorization Form, all of which can be found on the Payroll page in myBucknell.
- Submit these forms to Payroll.
For questions or concerns please contact:
Office of Financial Aid
Office of Civic Engagement
Things you should know about federal work-study (pdf)