Employment dates for the fall 2019 semester: Monday, Aug. 26–Tuesday, Dec. 10
Employment dates for the spring 2020 semester: Monday, Jan. 13–Monday, April 27
Off-campus federal work-study jobs with local agencies or nonprofit organizations must be in the public interest. To the maximum extent practicable, the Office of Civic Engagement tries to provide jobs that complement and reinforce each recipient's educational program or career goals.
Note: International students are not allowed off-campus employment.
How to Apply
Once you have found a job that interests you, contact the Office of Civic Engagement to set up a 15-minute appointment to verify eligibility or talk about the requirements for the position and obtain the employer's contact information. Keep in mind that, to be hired, you will need documentation to enroll in payroll.
Learn about the documentation you will need
- After obtaining the employer's contact information, set up an interview meeting.
- If hired, stop by the Office of Civic Engagement to obtain an Employment Form and have the employer fill it out completely.
- Return the form and signed contract to the Office of Civic Engagement for processing.
- Fill out a W-9, I-9 and Direct Deposit Authorization Form, all of which can be found on the Payroll page in myBucknell.
- Submit these forms to Payroll.
For questions or concerns please contact:
Office of Financial Aid
Office of Civic Engagement
Things you should know about federal work-study (pdf)