The charges for facilities and service fees are subject to guaranteed head and room count numbers. The following also apply:
- There will be a charge for all lost keys, payable by purchaser to the University. Keys not turned in to the Office of Events Management within 72 hours after check out will be considered lost.
- The charge for facilities and services covers the general use of campus buildings, grounds and recreational facilities; routine custodial services during normal hours; and conference staff services. There will be additional fees for extra facilities assistance.
- Coffee breaks, banquets and special menu prices will vary depending on selection and set-up. Participants will be charged for all meals during stay unless arrangements are made prior to arrival.
- Audio/visual equipment, computer and technical services are charged according to use and must be arranged in advance of arrival.
- Pool fees are by the hour and hours must be scheduled in advance. (Requests cannot always be guaranteed.)
- Miscellaneous items will be billed accordingly.
As soon as practical, after the completion of the conference, the University will provide the purchaser with a bill listing all charges and credits for the event. Purchaser will pay the University for all unpaid charges within 30 days after receipt of the bill.
Purchaser will provide the University with guaranteed numbers for lodging and food service no later than 10 working days before the earliest date appearing in the Facility Use Agreement. A realistic estimate must be provided 30 days prior to arrival. The charges for which the purchaser shall be liable will be based on said guaranteed numbers or actual head and room counts, or the amount shown in the Cancellation section below, whichever is greater, with the guaranteed numbers for head and room counts subject to the following:
Amounts of charges shall be no less than 95% of the amounts computed using the guaranteed numbers for head and room counts.
The University does not guarantee availability of facilities, food or lodging in excess of that required for 105% of said guaranteed numbers for head and room counts, respectively.
- If the purchaser cancels this agreement 90 days before the first date of the event, it shall be liable to the University for 25% of the projected total.
- If the purchaser cancels this agreement 60 days before the first date of the event, it shall be liable to the University for 50% of the projected total.
- If the purchaser cancels this agreement 30 days before the first date of the Event, it shall be liable to the University for 75% of the projected total.
Payment shall be made within 10 days of such cancellation.
Failure to Pay
The purchaser agrees that if it fails to pay the charges or any part thereof in accordance with this agreement, or if the purchaser violates any other provisions of this agreement, all remaining obligations of the University under this agreement shall, at the option of the University, cease and be terminated upon written notice mailed to the last known address of the purchaser. In any case, all amounts owing to the University hereunder which are more than 30 days past due shall be subject to a service charge of 1% per month. Purchaser shall reimburse the University for all collection costs, including professional fees and other expenses incurred in enforcing collection of any and all amounts owing hereunder, whether or not legal action is instituted. In the event suit or actions is instituted to enforce compliance with this agreement, including but not limited to the collection of any sums due and owing, the University shall be entitled to such sum as the trial court, and on appeal any appellate court, may adjudge reasonable as attorney fees to be allowed in said suit or action.