- Wednesday, Aug. 14, 2019: International students should arrive on campus. Check in with International Student Services, 064 Elaine Langone Center.
- Wednesday, Aug. 21, 2019, 8 a.m.–noon: All other first-year students should arrive. Go directly to your building for move-in.
Note: If you are traveling to Bucknell from a great distance, early move-in is available on Tuesday, Aug. 20, 2019, from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Go to the Housing Services & Residential Education Office, 126 Vedder Hall.
Campus map & directions
Sophomores, Juniors & Seniors
Students can check in at their housing hubs starting on Aug. 24, 2019.
- Saturday, Aug. 24: Check in at your hub from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. From 4 p.m. to 9 p.m., go to the Housing Services & Residential Education Office, 126 Vedder Hall. No keys will be issued after 9 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug. 25: Check in at your hub from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. From 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., go to the Housing Services & Residential Education Office, 126 Vedder Hall. No keys will be issued after 9 p.m.
- Monday, Aug. 26, or later: Go to the Housing Services & Residential Education Office, 126 Vedder Hall, between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Housing Hub Locations
|Roberts Hall, Trax Hall, Kress Hall, Gateways and Corner House
||Roberts Hall front patio
||Roberts Hall lobby
|Larison Hall, Larison Cottage, Harris Hall, Hunt Hall, 64 University Avenue, 23 University Avenue, 400 St. George Street, 7th Street House, Edwards House, Hulley House, Leiser House, Galloway House, Taylor Street House, Martin House and Carey House
||Harris Hall quad
||Harris Hall ground floor lounge
|Bucknell West Mods
||Outside Mod 22
||Mod 22 laundry room
- South Campus Apartments, Swartz Hall, McDonnell Hall, Delta Upsilon, Lambda Chi Alpha, Kappa Delta Rho, Sigma Chi, Sigma Phi Epsilon, Sigma Alpha Epsilon and Tower House
|South Campus Apartments center quad
||Building 4 lounge
Students wishing to remain on campus during the fall, Thanksgiving and spring breaks must register with Housing Services. During these breaks, all exterior doors to residence halls will remain locked. Anyone found in the halls who is not registered will be charged $100 per day during the break period. If you are on campus during a break, you must carry your BUID and key with you at all times.
- Friday, Oct. 11, 2019, 5 p.m.: Campus housing closes
- Tuesday, Oct. 15, 2019, noon: Campus housing reopens
- Friday, Nov. 22, 2019, 5 p.m.: Campus housing closes
- Sunday, Dec. 1, 2019, noon: Campus housing reopens
- Friday, March 6, 2020, 5 p.m.: Campus housing closes
- Sunday, March 15, 2020, noon: Campus housing reopens
All students must vacate their residence within 24 hours of their final examination or by the Friday after final exams, whichever comes first. Only students who have been approved to remain in campus housing during the break will be permitted in residence halls. During the break, all campus housing will remain locked. The exterior doors to all Bucknell West Mods will have their locks changed.
Students who have received approval to stay on campus during the break who live in Bucknell West will be issued an exterior door key that will permit access to their unit. Exterior door keys may be picked up from early December through the last day of final exams from Housing Services, 126 Vedder Hall.
- Saturday, Dec. 20, 2019, noon: Campus housing closes
- Saturday, Jan. 11, 2020, noon: Campus housing opens
- Thursday, May 7, 2020, noon: Campus housing closes. Students who are not graduating are expected to vacate their rooms by this time.
- Sunday, May 10, 2020, noon: Students who have pre-registered to remain on campus for summer programs may move to their summer housing assignments. Keys will be available starting at noon on Friday, May 8.
- Monday, May 18, 2020, 10 a.m.: All graduating seniors and students who were required to stay for Commencement activities must vacate their rooms.