Completed in fall 2001, this building features two four-story wings connected by corridors to a two-story center unit containing lounge areas and seminar rooms. Each floor houses two "neighborhoods" with one single and nine double rooms surrounding a common lounge. The building offers mixed class housing by floors including Foundation Seminars and Residential Colleges for first-year students. McDonnell Hall is named in honor of Elizabeth and James McDonnell III and their daughter, Katherine '94.
McDonnell Hall Amenities
- All rooms are off white in color and have blue/grey speckled carpeting.
- Each common lounge is equipped with a stove and microwave,
- Bed, desk, desk chair, dresser and standard wardrobe (Approx. 3' x 2'x 6-½')
- Two elevators are available, one for either "wing" of the building
- Two Laundry Rooms are located on the ground floor
- There is a common study lounge space known as the ski lounge, located on the 2nd floor along with 2 seminar rooms
- Lounges with tv/roku
- No computer lab
- Follow me printing
- Air conditioned
- Vending Machines are located on the first floor
- Bike Racks
- Window screens are not provided by the University