Located just off Malesardi Quadrangle and steps from Bertrand Library, Swartz Hall is home to first-year students as well as sophomores, juniors and seniors. It also houses Uptown, an on-campus event space exclusively for Bucknell students, and common spaces including a lounge, kitchen and study room. Swartz Hall has of four wings: Hill, Loomis, Malcolm and Rainey, and is named for James S. Swartz, trustee from 1884 to 1931.
- Doubles and triples for first-year students. Single rooms for upper class students
- Rooms include a bed, desk, chair, dresser and wardrobe for each occupant. Wardrobe is approximately 3 feet by 2 feet by 6.5 feet.
- Floors are either vinyl tile or gray carpeting.
- Window screens are not provided by the University.
- Study lounges
- Community kitchen
- Lounge with TV and Roku
- Air conditioning
- Follow Me printing
- Outdoor bike racks
- Nearby amphitheater, between McDonnell Hall and Swartz Hall