Summer courses designated as permission (P) courses require permission from the course instructor prior to enrollment. The maximum course load during the Summer Session is two full courses or one full course and two half courses. Only graduate students may register for 600-level courses.
To register for Summer Session, follow the steps below.
- Complete and print the two-page Course Registration Form. The form is a writable pdf that can be printed.
- Obtain approval signature(s) of instructor(s) for any permission (P) courses. Independent study, nontraditional, thesis/essay, research or internship courses developed by the student also require preapproval from the instructor who will supervise and grade the coursework. If you are not on campus during registration, contact the instructor to gain approval to enroll before listing any permission (P) course on your Course Registration Form. Upon gaining the instructor’s approval, write the instructor’s name, class hours and number of credits in the appropriate columns on the card. Enrollment in permission courses will be verified by the instructor upon receipt of the class roster.
- Return the Course Registration Form to the Office of the Registrar (102 Marts Hall) by the registration deadline. The registrar’s office will submit the form to your academic dean for enrollment permission. Adviser permission is not required for Summer Session courses, although you are encouraged to talk to your adviser regarding summer coursework. The form may also be submitted by mail at the following address.
Office of the Registrar
1 Dent Drive
Lewisburg, PA 17837
Download the Course Registration Form
Search for Summer Session courses
Note: Many departments will arrange independent study or special project courses whether or not such courses are listed in the Course Catalog. Class hours for all independent study courses will be arranged by the instructor.
Other Important Requirements
Health & Vaccine Requirements
Summer Session students who are not full-time Bucknell students must show proof that they have received the following tests and vaccinations by using the Summer Session health form.
- Mantoux intradermal skin test for tuberculosis, within six months of registration.
- Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis) vaccine, within the past 10 years.
- Meningitis A vaccine, since age 16.
- MMR (measles, mumps and rubella) vaccine, two doses since age 1.
The meningitis B vaccine is not required but strongly recommended.
Download Medical Forms
Completed health forms and test results should be submitted to Bucknell Student Health (Graham Building) at least two weeks prior to the start of summer classes. Students unable to show proof of tuberculosis testing and vaccinations before enrollment will not be permitted to complete enrollment.
Bucknell Student Health
1 Dent Drive
Lewisburg, PA 17837
For questions, contact Bucknell Student Health at 570-577-1401.
More information about medical forms and policies
Tuition & Fee Payment
Tuition, fees and summer housing charges are due by the end of June. These charges must be paid by the due date to avoid late fees.
Only a percentage of tuition will be credited if a student withdraws between the first day of classes and the summer session mid-point. After this date no credit will be issued.
In order to be officially registered for courses, all holds (i.e., student health, finance) must be cleared during the first week of classes.
All students wishing to park on campus must register their vehicles for on-campus use and are responsible for abiding by Bucknell University parking and traffic regulations.
Current Bucknell students may order a summer parking permit at parking.bucknell.edu. Others should contact Bucknell Public Safety to obtain a parking permit.
Bucknell Public Safety
580 Snake Road (between Trax Hall and River Road)