- All students who need summer housing should fill out the Summer Housing Application in myHOME.
- You will only have card access to your assigned residence hall.
- Your card access may not work in all places that it does during the academic year and some buildings and spaces may be under construction during the summer. If you need access to an academic building or space, please contact your program coordinator, who will contact Card Services.
- If you need a repair to your residence hall room, email work order requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most Bucknell Dining facilities are closed or have reduced hours during the summer, but the Bison is open most weekday mornings and Bostwick Marketplace is occasionally open during conferences and camps. Microwaves and kitchens are also available in residence halls and there is a microwave for public use in the Bison. Summer dining hours will be posted online in May.
See summer dining hours
If you plan to have a vehicle on campus, you must obtain a parking permit for summer, even if you had a parking pass for the preceding spring semester. Other student parking regulations remain in effect. Please be aware that construction projects will affect some parking lots this summer — updates will be shared via email or the Message Center.
Parking and permit information
The Downtown Shuttle
The Downtown Shuttle operates on a reduced schedule during the summer. To find summer shuttle hours, check the link below or look in the Bucknell App.
Public Safety continues to operate 24/7 during the summer and all regular services are available to students.
- In an emergency, call 570-577-1111.
- Contact 570-577-3333 for all other needs.
Bucknell Student Health is open for student visits on weekday mornings during Summer Session. Health care services are limited to students who are residing, studying or doing research at Bucknell during the summer.
- When Student Health is closed, students may reach the on-call provider at 570-577-1401.
- Students in need of urgent or emergency care should visit a local emergency room or urgent care clinic.
Counseling & Student Development Center
Counseling services continue to be available for students residing, studying or working at Bucknell during summer months.
Elaine Langone Center Offices
While some operate on a reduced schedule, offices in the Elaine Langone Center are open during summer, including the University Switchboard, the Post Office window and Student Mail Services. The B-Eats food pantry in Room 240 of the Elaine Langone Center continues to be available and stocked during the summer.
Student Mail Services
Bertrand Library & Academic Support Offices
The Writing Center and Teaching & Learning Center are closed during the summer.
The Office of Accessibility Resources remains open, but Testing Center services are not available during the summer.
The library is open throughout the summer with reduced hours. The 24-hour study space remains open around the clock. Library staff continue to be available to support you with research questions or technology assistance. Several student workshop programs are also available during the summer.
Office of Accessibility Resources
Athletics and Recreation Facilities
The KLARC is open daily during the summer months with reduced hours. Select athletics facilities and spaces may occasionally be closed due to athletics camps, facility maintenance, events and University holidays.
Hours and reservations
Center for Career Advancement
Career resources and coaching services are available for Bucknell students during summer. Schedule a coaching appointment via Handshake to get started. Career resources are also available 24/7 on the center's Moodle site.
Summer Social Events
The CAP Center works with campus partners to offer fun things to do on and off campus during the summer. 7th Street Studio & MakerSpace has open hours and Outdoor Education and Leadership has rental center hours.
See upcoming events