Parking Permits, Regulations & Fines
Students, employees and visitors who drive vehicles on campus are responsible for proper registration, use and operation of their vehicles in accordance with the traffic and parking regulations set forth by Bucknell University and Pennsylvania state law. Bucknell Public Safety can issue both a virtual citation, which goes directly to a student or staff member's email address, or a traditional paper citation.
New for 2022-23
- Effective the fall 2022 semester, zone parking for students has been eliminated. Students may park in any student lot or all-decal lot.
- Bucknell is implementing a fall and spring permit process for students. Students will be required to obtain a permit for each semester they will be on campus. There are no additional costs associated with this change.
- Visitors can also select a three-day visitor parking pass that is valid in any visitor parking lot.
The University provides designated parking areas for students, University employees and visitors to Bucknell. All parking spaces on campus other than visitor spaces are permit parking only. University students, employees and contract employees must register and obtain a parking permit for each vehicle they will park on campus. Students and employees may not park in visitor spaces. The issuing of a permit is not a guarantee that a parking spot will always be available for the permit holder. Rather, the permit is required to park in University-owned parking lots.
By registering a vehicle on campus, the operator agrees to comply with the regulations of Bucknell University. The vehicle must properly display a decal or temporary permit issued by the University. Vehicles whose parking decals are not displayed properly will be ticketed.
Parking permits are free for University employees. Requests from staff to transfer a permit to a new or different vehicle must be submitted to Public Safety.
Student Parking Permits
Students are not permitted to park in any staff lot between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Students are eligible to purchase a parking permit when they are in their sophomore, junior or senior year provided there are no current restrictions. The dependent children of Bucknell employees who are enrolled at Bucknell are required to purchase student parking decals and abide by the parking rules for students. First-year students are not eligible to park on campus. As a reminder, first-year students who are cited for bringing their car to campus may lose parking privileges for their sophomore year. There are a limited number of student parking spaces on campus.
We offer student permits for the fall academic semester, spring academic semester and summer academic semester. Please use the link below to select the appropriate permit. Public Safety does not grant parking accommodations for first-year students. There are no exceptions to this policy. If you are a first-year student with accessibility needs, please reach out to the Office of Accessibility Resources (OAR).
Student Parking Permit Prices
Undergraduate student, per semester (fall or spring)
|Graduate student, per semester (fall or spring)|
|Undergraduate student, summer||$25|
|Graduate student, summer||$25|
|Temporary permit (valid for two weeks)||$10|
|Additional vehicle (after purchasing a permit)||$5|
In the event your vehicle is towed from a campus lot, please contact Taylor's Auto & Fleet Maintenance (147 Campbell Mill Rd Lewisburg, Pa., 17837) at 570-522-7001. The following charges will apply:
- Towing cost: $65 per tow
- Storage fee: $25 dollars per day
If you park your vehicle in a parking space on a public roadway in the area of St. George Street, 7th Street, University Avenue, Loomis Street or Walker Street in the Borough of Lewisburg, please be sure to observe posted rules about street sweeping days and times. If your vehicle is parked during street sweeping hours during the borough's fall leaf pickup and snow removal periods, your vehicle will be towed. In the event your vehicle is towed by the Borough of Lewisburg please contact Freedom Towing at 570-713-9296.
Other Permit Information
Permits are issued for the registered vehicle only. Students may not transfer permits from one vehicle to another. Permits are not to be sold. One individual may not register a vehicle for another individual. Permit holders are responsible for all violations and fines incurred by a vehicle registered to them, regardless of who operates the vehicle.
Each vehicle permit is associated with the vehicle's license plate. A change of license plate must be reported to Public Safety immediately. New vehicles brought to campus must be registered immediately. Lost or stolen decals must be reported immediately or you may be responsible for tickets accrued by vehicles using the decal.
Additional Parking & Traffic Regulations
- All vehicles must be parked within the white lines demarcating parking spots. Only authorized disabled or service vehicles may park in spots marked by blue or green lines. You may not park and activate your four-ways to make a space where there are no designated lines.
- University and contract employees, current and retired, may park in Staff or All Decal parking lots during their working hours, when visiting campus or while attending an event. Vehicles may not be left unattended on campus property overnight unless employee is working on campus or is out of town on University business.
- All legal parking areas are posted. If an area is not posted or lined for parking, you may not park there. This includes parking around fraternity houses.
- The maximum speed on campus roads is 15 miles per hour. Parking lots require slower speeds.
- Vehicles must yield to pedestrians. Failure to yield will result in a fine or loss of privileges on campus.
- Two-wheeled transports, such as motorcycles, motor scooters, motorized bicycles, mopeds or Segways, must comply with all Pennsylvania Department of Motor Vehicles regulations as well as Bucknell University parking and traffic regulations.
- Public Safety must be notified of disabled motor vehicles immediately, 24 hours a day, by calling 570-577-3333. Portable battery chargers are available for sign out at Public Safety with a Bucknell ID.
Violations and Fines
580 Snake Road (between Trax Hall and River Road)