- We assist the University in its mission and its efforts to increase the diversity of the Bucknell campus community, including students, staff, faculty and administrators.
- We foster positive relationships between the University, multicultural students and black alumni to build and maintain a strong network.
- In collaboration with the Griot Institute for the Study of Black Lives & Culture, we maintain historical records that detail and highlight significant milestones in Bucknell's African American history.
- We communicate information to our members. We improve awareness of the Edward McKnight Brawley Fund and the student activities it supports toward a goal of increasing alumni giving.
- We engage black alumni as donors, volunteers and advocates for Bucknell.
Our Executive Committee
Jakita Price '04, president
Alumni Engagement Committee
David Frisbey '07, chair
Membership & Nominations Committee
Thomas Bennett '06, chair
Development & Brawley Fund Committee
Jacqueline Cooke '77, chair
Outreach & Student Engagement Committee
Kendy Alvarez '06, president emeritus
The Edward McKnight Brawley Fund
The Brawley Fund provides funds to underwrite a range of student activities, including undergraduate research, internships and study abroad, to assist students who have been historically underrepresented in these activities.
Make a gift to support this important fund