Inquiries about reservations, rental fees and insurance requirements may be directed to:
Maredith Spangler, weddings & wedding receptions
We also welcome inquiries for rehearsal dinners.
Marriage ceremonies in Pennsylvania may be performed by the following:
- Justices of the Peace
- County Clerks or their deputies within the county
- Clergy of any regularly established church or congregation (including ministers, pastors, priests and rabbis)
Bucknell's Chaplain for the Catholic Community (570-577-7951), Chaplain for the Jewish Community (570-577-2273) and University Chaplain (570-577-1592) officiate at weddings according to their schedules and discretion. All Roman Catholics planning to be married on campus must be approved by Bucknell's Chaplain for the Catholic Community before a date may be scheduled. All Jewish services should have the approval of the Chaplain for the Jewish Community.
University-affiliated chaplains who officiate will have final say on all liturgy (including music and service order). Additional fees may be required.
A one-hour rehearsal time on the evening prior to our wedding will be reserved when your wedding is confirmed.
A custodian will be present during your rehearsal and wedding. The custodian reserves the right to refuse any last minute requests.
- Rice, confetti, rose petals, birdseed, balloons or any other object may not be thrown or released either inside or outside any facility.
- Nothing may be attached with tape, thumbtacks, etc.
- Candlelight services are prohibited.
- No furniture may be moved, including the piano, lectern and pulpit.
- No animals/pets are permitted.
- Use of a horse and buggy is by permission only on University grounds.
- Alcohol is not permitted in or outside the chapel other than for Communion services.
- Florists and photographers are required to abide by your specific contracted time.
Bucknell requires a minimum of $1,000,000 liability insurance per occurrence for those wishing to rent the University's facilities. Bucknell offers special event insurance, or you can use other options. Further information will be provided with your contract.
Any questions regarding marriage licenses, blood tests or marriage laws may be directed to:
The Office of the Prothonotary
Union County Courthouse
103 S. Second Street, Lewisburg, PA 17837