Eligibility is based on a case-by-case review. After talking with the student and reviewing the documentation, the OAR director will determine appropriate services and accommodations depending on how the student is limited in the academic and/or physical setting. The director will provide appropriate information so that the student may access the accommodations for which student is eligible.
In most situations, the student is responsible for requesting accommodations in a timely manner, and for following OAR policies and procedures for accessing accommodations as outlined below.
Steps for Temporarily Registering with OAR
- The student contacts the OAR director.
Heather Fowler, director
Office of Accessibility Resources
107 Carnegie Building
- During this contact, the director identifies the documentation the student should submit.
- The student submits required documentation from a certified professional (who cannot be a family member of the student) to the director in person, or by fax, scan or email.
- The director reviews all materials and assesses the status and reasonableness of the request.
- The director notifies the student via email or phone as to whether the temporary accommodation request is approved or denied, or if more information is required.
- If the temporary request is not approved and the student is unsatisfied with the outcome of this process, the student may contact the director.