How Do I Apply to Medical School?
The Pre-health Advising team can help guide you through each step of the application process. We can even help you strengthen your résumé to make your application irresistible to medical schools or employers.
Most applications are managed by centralized application services, or CASs. These allow for an application experience similar to the Common App or Coalition App you used when applying to Bucknell.
- MD medical schools: American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS)
- DO medical schools: American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine Application Service (AACOMAS)
- Dental schools: ADEA Associated American Dental Schools Application Service
- Physician assistant schools: Central Application Service for Physician Assistants
- Physical therapy schools: Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service
- Occupational therapy schools: Occupational Therapy and Occupational Therapy Assistant Centralized Application Service
- Pharmacy schools: Pharmacy College Application Service
- Nursing schools: Centralized Application Service for Nursing Programs
Most professional schools will require an entrance exam as a part of the application process.
- MCAT, for MD or DO medical school
- DAT, for dental school
- GRE, for physical therapy, occupational therapy, physician assistant and veterinary medicine programs
- OAT, for optometry programs
- PCAT, for pharmacy programs
Where Can I Find Help?
The Pre-health Advising team at Bucknell's Center for Career Advancement helps students and alumni who are considering a career in health care. If you decide that health care is the right path for you, we'll help you practice for exams, prepare your application and connect you with alumni working in medicine.
To connect with advisers, contact:
Dr. Alison Patterson
103 Botany Building