What It Costs
The program is free for accepted students, and students will receive free on-campus housing, a meal plan and a living stipend.
What to Expect
A focus on meaningful projects and making, with preparation for academic success.
If you join the Engineering EXCELerator program, you'll get to know your faculty and peer mentors; learn design, prototyping and fabrication methods; and begin to transition to college life. The first week of the Engineering EXCELerator program will involve participation in Engineering Camp, with special sessions tailored for incoming first-year students. You'll live with your peers in a community that brings together your experiences inside and outside of class, and take part in a hands-on design project with close mentorship.
In the Engineering EXCELerator program, you will:
- Learn design, prototyping and fabrication methods
- Complete a design project with a mentor and team of peers
- Attend workshops on academic success and the transition to college
- Participate in group activities and weekend excursions
- Receive a stipend, meal plan and on-campus housing
- Be expected to stay on campus for the duration of the program
- Participate in an exposition of your work and outreach activities within the community
How to Apply
Select students who have been admitted to the Class of 2027 will be invited to participate in the Engineering EXCELerator Program and should reply by April 21, 2023.
Dates for the 2023 Engineering EXCELerator Program have been tentatively set for June 25 to July 28.