What It Costs
The program is free for accepted students, and students will receive free on-campus housing, a limited meal plan and a living stipend.
What to Expect
A focus on meaningful projects and making, with preparation for academic success.
If you join the Engineering EXCELerator program, you'll get to know your faculty and peer mentors; learn design, prototyping and fabrication methods; and begin to transition to college life. You'll live with your peers in a community that brings together your experiences inside and outside of class, and take part in a hands-on design project with close mentorship.
In the Engineering EXCELerator program, you will:
- Learn design, prototyping and fabrication methods
- Complete a design project with a mentor and team of peers
- Attend workshops on academic success and the transition to college
- Participate in group activities and weekend excursions
- Receive a stipend, limited meal plan and on-campus housing
- Be expected to stay on campus for the duration of the program
- Participate in an exposition of your work at the conclusion of the program
How to Apply
Select students who have been admitted to the Class of 2028 will be invited to participate in the Engineering EXCELerator Program and should reply by May 1, 2024. Students wishing to apply should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dates for the 2024 Engineering EXCELerator Program have been tentatively set for June 23 to July 19.