Arts & Creativity Grants
Thanks to generous donor support, the Bucknell Arts Council (BAC) offers grants designed to support individuals or groups of students who wish to pursue serious arts projects or research. All students are potentially eligible for this funding. The BAC reviews grant applications four times a year. Please note that the earlier you apply, the better the chances of receiving a grant as funding may be less available later in the year.
Priority will be given to grants that explicitly involve artistic practice and scholarship. Applications that engage professionalization, such as conference travel and workshop participation, are also encouraged.
There will be two deadlines per semester for reviewing student grants:
- Sept. 15
- Nov. 15
- Feb. 15
- April 15
Please note that all receipts must be turned in by June 15, 2023 in order to be reimbursed.
Grants are available in a range from $100 to $1,500 for individuals and from $100 to $2,500 for groups. Occasionally, additional funds may be available. Students or groups may not receive more than one grant in a single academic year. However, a student may apply for both an individual grant and as the lead for a group grant.
- The individual or primary applicant in a group must be currently enrolled in or have taken previously at least one course within art & art history, creative writing, dance, film/media, music or theatre.
- Groups may apply and should select a single student to be the primary applicant and point of contact.
- The budget must indicate how the award will be distributed to each group applicant.
- Students in the same course may only apply for a group application and must have a letter of support from the professor of that course.
- In order to maximize the on-campus impact of each grant, students must be enrolled at the time of application and completion of the project.
Apply online through the portal indicated below
Once submitted, you should receive a confirmation. If you have not received a decision (approved, denied or pending) within two weeks of the deadline, please email email@example.com.
Grant Proposal Evaluation
- Proposals are evaluated by a subcommittee of the Bucknell Arts Council.
- Sponsoring faculty may not evaluate proposals submitted with their endorsement.
- Proposals are evaluated based on:
- Clarity of purpose and proposal
- Originality and creativity
- Significance and potential impacts
- Priority given to projects that benefit the campus arts community
- Letter of support from the arts faculty sponsor
- Applicants can budget a maximum of $50 per day for food.
- Funding for Bucknell tuition, room and board, or other Bucknell-related fees is not possible.
- Funding for the purchase of camera, computers or media equipment is not possible. We encourage students to explore borrowing this equipment from the library.
- Unless otherwise indicated, expenditures must occur before June 15 and all receipts are due by June 20.
Applications are considered twice per semester throughout the academic year.
- Fall: Sept. 15 and Nov. 15
- Spring: Feb. 15 and April 15
- Summer proposals or applications for the following academic year must be submitted by April 15.
The council will review these applications and send out decisions within two weeks after each deadline.
For more information, please contact:
Bucknell Arts Council