Camps, Conferences & Visit Programs
Bucknell's spaces for innovation and discovery aren't just for our students and faculty. We host an array of hands-on camps, conferences and programs for high school students, visiting faculty and undergraduates from other universities.
Explore engineering in one of our state-of-the-art labs. Solve a murder-mystery with chemistry. Spend a week living like a college student.
This is more than just a week away. These camps and programs help you maximize your summer and expand your mind.
For High School Students
Bucknell Academy Summer Experience (BASE)
Spend a week living like a college student. You'll stay in our residence halls, attend classes taught by Bucknell professors and develop problem-solving skills designed to help you make an impact on the world. BASE participants join Bucknell faculty and students to find innovative solutions to pressing issues.
- Who: High school students who will be rising juniors or seniors are welcome to apply.
- When: Applications are due in April, and camp is held in June.
College Admissions Workshop
Spend two days exploring how you fit into the college admissions journey in this two-day workshop for children of Bucknell alumni, faculty and staff. Our admissions experts will prepare you for the college search and the application process — whether Bucknell is on your student's list or not. No matter what your academic interests and strengths are, we will encourage you to explore a variety of college options.
- Who: Children of Bucknell alumni, faculty and staff who will be high school juniors or seniors in the fall.
- When: Summer
Explore engineering and kick-start your college experience by experimenting in real research labs with Bucknell's world-class faculty. You'll discover the many different areas where engineers apply their skills, study the latest technologies that shape our world and learn how the scientific phenomena you've studied in school are applied by professional engineers. The program is packed with hands-on experiments to ignite your curiosity.
- Who: Students who will have completed grades 7 through 11 by the summer of the camp.
- When: Applications are due in March, and camp is held in June.
Journey to Bucknell
Prospective students will stay overnight in one of our residence halls; meet faculty, staff and current Bucknell students, and explore our beautiful campus and first-rate facilities.
- Who: High-achieving, traditionally underrepresented high school seniors.
- When: Fall
For College Students
Bucknell Seminar for Undergraduate Poets
Dive into your writing under the guidance of established poets from across the country during this extended seminar — one of our poetry center's longest-running programs. Students, faculty and visiting poets will read from their works during the seminar.
- Who: Undergraduates who compete for one of 10 places in the seminar, all of which come with fellowships.
- When: Typically begins in June
This three-day summer workshop for engineering faculty and prospective faculty, including graduate students, equips attendees to learn research-driven strategies that reduce course preparation time, make classes more engaging and increase student learning.
- Who: Faculty and graduate students
- When: Each July