Journey to Bucknell
Our Journey to Bucknell program seeks out the brightest leaders, learners and innovators and invites them to learn more about Bucknell's welcoming, world-class campus.
Journey to Bucknell is designed to introduce high-achieving, traditionally underrepresented high school seniors (includingAlaska Native, Asian American, biracial/multiracial, Latinx, Native American, Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander, first-generation, religiously diverse and/or LGBTQIA+) to the endless possibilities that await at Bucknell.
There are two ways to participate:
- No matter where you live, you can take part in Journey to Bucknell from the comfort of your home through a virtual program.
- Or, if you live in one of a few select locations, you can take advantage of free transportation for you and one parent/guardian to campus.
When is Journey to Bucknell?
The program dates for 2022 are as follows:
- Oct. 2–3, 2022 (Students who participate in the virtual program and are later admitted to Bucknell will also be provided with transportation and accommodation to campus for a special admitted student event in the spring.)
- Oct. 15, 2022 for Berks, Lackawanna and Luzerne Counties, Pa.
- Nov. 11–12, 2022 for Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a high school senior from a traditionally underrepresented group, including but not limited to African American, Alaksa Native, Asian American, biracial/multiracial, Latinx, Native American, Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander, first-generation, religiously diverse and/or LGBTQIA+.
- Be enrolled in an academically rigorous program of study with a minimum unweighted grade point average of 3.5.
Dates & Deadlines
This year Bucknell's Journey to Bucknell program will consist of both virtual and in-person options for students from designated regions.
|Program Dates||Event||Location||Application Deadline|
|Oct. 2–3||Virtual Journey to Bucknell program||Virtual||Sept. 19|
|Oct. 15||Open House and regional bus-in program||Sept. 26|
|Nov. 11–12||Open House and regional overnight program||Oct. 17|
How much does it cost?
Journey to Bucknell is free for students who are chosen to attend. Students attending the in-person regional programs may bring a parent or guardian as their guest.
What do Journey to Bucknell participants do?
Prospective students can experience life as a Bucknell student by:
- Engaging with current students in small group activities and discussions
- Meeting and interacting with Bucknell faculty
- Learning directly from Bucknell Admissions team members on how to prepare your Bucknell application
- Exploring the abundant resources that make a Bucknell college experience unforgettable
Have more questions?
Office of Admissions
Office of Admissions
One Dent Drive