COVID-19 Information for Students
If you develop symptoms of fever, cough and shortness of breath, please remain in your room and call Bucknell Student Health at 570-577-1401 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. A staff member will ask questions to determine the next steps. Do not go directly to Student Health.
For guidance after hours, contact one of the following:
- Bucknell Public Safety: 570-577-3333
- In an emergency, call 911
As you await a COVID-19 test, isolate yourself to the extent possible in your residence and notify your professors that you will not be able to attend in-person classes. Do not attend class in person or events on or off campus.
See CDC guidelines for what to do if you get sick with COVID-19
Preventing the Spread of COVID-19
The best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to COVID-19 and always practice everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses:
- Do not gather in large groups and self-isolate if feeling ill.
- Wear a mask where required or if you are feeling ill. Make sure the mask fits tightly and covers your nose and mouth.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol if you aren't able to wash your hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
See CDC resources for preventing the spread of COVID-19
Bucknell Student Health
Graham Building, enter from 7th Street