Medical Records & Forms
All incoming students are required to submit a medical record to Bucknell Student Health prior to arrival on campus.
Please see the instructions below for completing the medical record requirement.
For questions about Bucknell's COVID-19 vaccination requirement, please see the COVID-19 Vaccination FAQ.
- First-year and incoming graduate students: June 15, 2023
- Students returning from a leave of absence or being readmitted: May 1, 2023
- Summer Session students: June 5, 2023
Bucknell requires are students to have the following immunizations. Additional information about vaccinations and dates of administration can be found in the medical record form.
- Hepatitis B
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
- Polio (OPV or IPV)
- Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis (Tdap)
- Chicken Pox (Varicella)
- Meningitis (Meningococcal vaccine – A,C,Y, W-135)
- Meningitis Serogroup B series (Meningitis and Meningitis B)
- COVID-19 vaccine (primary series of appropriate doses of monovalent vaccine or one dose of current bivalent vaccine)
Forms & Instructions
Additional Forms for Varsity Athletes
In addition to completing the appropriate Bucknell Medical Record form, varsity athletes must submit additional medical forms to the NCCA to qualify for athletics participation.
As soon as you receive your ARMS software account from the Bucknell Compliance Office, please check it to access all forms assigned to you (my.armssoftware.com/arms).
- Pre-participation physical and sickle cell test results
- First-year medical history questionnaire
- ADHD form (required for those who are prescribed ADHD medication)
- Concussion education acknowledgement and baseline testing form
- Medical insurance and injury responsibility form
- Emergency contact and general information form
- Sports medicine signature forms
Completed medical forms for NCAA Athletics Participation must be submitted through the ARMS software account. Substitute forms will not be accepted for athletics participation. Forms will be checked by a member of the athletics training staff and will be approved or rejected. If rejected, the student will be notified with a message sent to their @bucknell.edu email address regarding the reason so it can be rectified. Even if a form is approved, a staff member may be in touch with more follow-up questions if needed.
Additional documentation/medical records might be requested depending on some of the answers you provided. The initial due date for sports medicine forms is June 15. If you have any questions while completing the form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Release of Medical Records
Bucknell Student Health is required by government regulations to receive written permission from a student before sharing any medical information with other health providers (for reasons other than continuation of care). This written permission is also needed for any disclosure of information to a student’s parent/guardian. In order for Bucknell Student Health to release your medical information, you must provide a written request.
Please be aware that any information release that is not sent directly to another physician/medical facility for continuation of care cannot be faxed or emailed. It must be sent through regular mail or picked up by the patient. Authorization forms for release of information may be obtained below or at Bucknell Student Health.
Requests for records should be submitted to email@example.com. Please complete the Geisinger release form below and include it in your email.
Bucknell Student Health
Graham Building, enter from 7th Street