This complex of residential units, known as "The Mods," is situated in a wooded setting on the western edge of campus and provides accommodations for 164 sophomores, juniors and seniors in apartment-style suites. Bucknell West is located across Route 15 from the main campus, near the Bucknell Golf Club and baseball and soccer fields. Access to the main campus is provided by a pedestrian underpass. Each H-shaped building has two wings. Each wing houses four students with two double bedrooms, a bathroom and a combination living room/kitchen.
Note: Bucknell West will undergo renovations beginning in spring 2024. Please be aware that all students who select Bucknell West for the Fall 2023 semester will work with Housing Services to relocate their assigned room space for the spring semester. We encourage those who plan to move to fraternity or sorority housing or to study abroad for spring 2023 to choose these spaces during room selection.
- Double room dimensions are 14 feet by 12 feet.
- One large shared closet in each double room is 2 feet by 7.5 feet in size.
- Common area dimensions are 11 feet by 12 feet.
- Common area includes two cushioned armchairs.
- Each bedroom includes a bed, desk, chair and dresser for each occupant.
- Full kitchen includes a stove and oven, full-size refrigerator, sink and cabinets.
- Shared bathroom includes shower or bathtub, toilet, sink and cabinet.
- Flooring is either carpet or hardwood in bedroom and common space, tile in bathroom.
- Heat is controlled by occupants in each unit.
- Air conditioning varies per unit. Window units are not permitted.
- Window screens are not provided by the University.
- Kitchen utensils and cleaning supplies are not provided by the University.
- Bucknell West is an independent living area. Students are expected to clean and maintain their own bedrooms, bathrooms and kitchens and dispose of their own trash. The facilities team will be available to assist with maintenance issues not related to cleanliness of rooms.
- Outdoor deck and picnic area.
- Laundry, vending machines and study space located in Unit 22.
- Nearby student parking.