Susquehanna River Symposium
November 6th-7th, 2020
Since 2006, the annual Susquehanna River Symposium has connected students, scientists and engineers from throughout the Susquehanna River region. Participants share ideas about issues within the watershed and increase awareness of river health, environmental policy and sustainability issues facing the mid-Atlantic. In addition to scientific panels and keynote speakers, the event also features a student research poster competition, open to college and university students from throughout the region.
Since 2013, Bucknell's annual Sustainability Symposium has explored diverse aspects of sustainability from multiple disciplinary perspectives using a range of approaches, from the scientific to the creative. This lively event features:
- Faculty-led panels examining sustainability themes from diverse perspectives.
- Keynote talks by leading sustainability practitioners.
- Poster sessions featuring student research on sustainability topics.
- Creative displays, art installations and demonstrations that exemplify sustainability.
- Student-led activities oriented toward collective action on sustainability.