Taste, Tech & Teamwork
About Taste, Tech & Teamwork
Join fellow first-year students, experienced student leaders and Bucknell staff as you explore one of the nation's hottest tech towns. You'll fly to Charlotte, N.C., to meet alumni business leaders at their offices, tour local foodie hotspots, test out your teamwork skills at the U.S. National Whitewater Center and much more.
In addition to forming lasting connections with fellow students, you'll meet Bucknell alumni and prospective employers before your first semester even begins. In short, Taste, Tech & Teamwork will help set you up for a successful four years at Bucknell. You'll be encouraged to reflect on your experiences and opportunities throughout the trip, learning skills of presence and mindfulness as you start their your educational journey.
This Pre-Orientation program is hosted by the Center for Experiential Learning in the Freeman College of Management.
Thanks to generous support from Bucknell alumni, there is no fee to attend this experience.
2023 Pre-Orientation Dates to Know
- Saturday, June 10:
- Deadline to sign up for the Organizations for Change Pre-Orientation
- Sunday, June 25:
- Deadline to sign up for the Taste, Tech & Teamwork Pre-Orientation
- Friday, June 30:
- Last day to sign up for other Pre-Orientation programs
- Availability is limited; sign up as soon as possible to reserve your spot
- Friday, Aug. 11:
- 7 – 11 a.m. Move-in for Pre-O participants
- 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Pre-O participants and their parents and families are invited to join us for lunch in Bostwick
- Pre-O programs begin after move-in
- Tuesday, Aug. 15:
- Last day of Pre-O programs
- Wednesday, Aug. 16:
- New Student Orientation begins for all first-year Bucknell students
Note: Dates and times are tentative and subject to change.
What You’ll Do
The itinerary is still being finalized, but here's an overview:
- Engage in the tastes of the area, meeting with alumni at a variety of restaurants and venues, visiting the local markets and participating in a cooking class
- Visit employers, such as Ally Bank, a leader in online banking, as well as other tech and financial institutions
- Test yourself at the U.S. National Whitewater Center, visit the Nascar Hall of Fame and attend a sporting event
Whom It’s For
This Pre-Orientation program is open to all incoming Bucknell students in any college.
Participants will stay in a hotel in the heart of Charlotte. There will be two or three students in each room.
Cost to Attend
Thanks to generous support from Bucknell alumni, the fee to attend this experience has been waived. There will be no fee for students who apply. Students who applied prior to May 23 have been contacted by email regarding the attendance fee.
How to Apply
This program is limited to a maximum number of 20 students. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Apply by June 25, 2023.