Any interested first-year student is invited to attend International Orientation. Attendance is mandatory for new Bucknell students on U.S. student visas, including teaching assistants and exchange students. This four-day program is your opportunity to settle in and explore campus prior to New Student Orientation.International Student Orientation
The University invites first-year students to participate in a pre-orientation program, all of which occur prior to the start of New Student Orientation. Pre-orientation programs are not required (except for International Student Orientation, which is mandatory for those on U.S. student visas); however, they provide a great way for students to make connections and enhance leadership skills prior to the start of Orientation.
If you are a varsity athlete competing in a fall sport, please consult with your coach regarding your arrival date and practice schedule prior to signing up for a program.
Since all the programs occur during the same time frame, students may only participate in one program with the exception of the Bison Gatherings which occur in July.
Wondering which program is right for you?
Pre-Orientation Arrival Schedule At-a-Glance
Friday, August 16
- 11:00 a.m. Lunch begins for pre-orientation participants and their families in Bostwick
- 12:30 p.m. Individual program meetings for student and their families and friends
- 2:00 p.m. All first year student participants should be with their pre-orientation programs
- 2:00 p.m. University welcome for families and friends by Dean of Students, Provost, President
- 2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. Family and Friends Reception