Any interested first-year student is invited to attend International Orientation. Attendance is mandatory for new Bucknell students on U.S. student visas, including teaching assistants and exchange students. This four-day program is your opportunity to settle in and explore campus prior to New Student Orientation.International Student Orientation
The University invites first-year students to participate in a pre-orientation program, all of which occur prior to the start of New Student Orientation. Pre-orientation programs are not required (except for International Student Orientation, which is mandatory for those on U.S. student visas); however, they provide a great way for students to make connections and enhance leadership skills prior to the start of Orientation.
If you are a varsity athlete competing in a fall sport, please consult with your coach regarding your arrival date and practice schedule prior to signing up for a program.
Since all the programs occur during the same time frame, students may only participate in one program with the exception of the Bison Gatherings which occur in July.
Pre-Orientation Arrival Schedule At-a-Glance
Friday, August 16
- 11:00 a.m. Lunch begins for pre-orientation participants and their families in Bostwick
- 12:30 p.m. Individual program meetings for student and their families and friends
- 2:00 p.m. All first year student participants should be with their pre-orientation programs
- 2:00 p.m. University welcome for families and friends by Dean of Students, Provost, President
- 2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. Family and Friends Reception