Visit Options: In-person and Virtual
We have two options for families wanting to visit Bucknell: in-person information sessions followed by a guided tour and virtual visits.
In-person Information Sessions and Guided Tours
When: 9:30 a.m. and 1:15 p.m. every Monday and Friday beginning Sept. 11 (Note: There will be no on-campus events on Sept. 18 or 28. On these dates, please consider joining one of our virtual events outlined below.)
What: An information session followed by a student-led guided tour of campus
- Our information session is a 45-minute introduction to our application process, campus life and innovative approach to learning.
- Our guided tour, which immediately follows the information session, allows you to explore our campus (one of the Princeton Review's 10 "most beautiful") with one of our student ambassadors.
Who: All prospective students are welcome, but we ask that you limit your number of guests to two. Please note that pre-registration is required.
Where: Our information sessions take place in Freas Hall. Free parking is available in the visitor lot just southwest of Freas near the football stadium (lot 72 on this map). Accessible parking is located next to Marts Hall (lot 11).
Register and learn more
Note: Pre-registration is required. We are unable to accommodate walk-in visitors at this time. In accordance with orders made by the Pennsylvania Department of Health, visitors who have traveled to or from states listed here will not be allowed to visit unless they quarantine for the recommended two weeks before visiting campus.
Preparing for Your In-Person Visit
- Pre-registration: All visitors must register for the information session; we are not able to accommodate walk-in visitors at this time. Those who register for the information session will automatically be registered for the campus tour. See the schedule and register here.
- Health screening: To enter Freas Hall and participate in the information session and tour, visitors are subject to a health screening that may include a temperature check. Please arrive at least 20 minutes early to ensure you make it inside with plenty of time to spare.
- Physical distancing: Capacity at the information session is limited to 20 people with ample room between groups to allow families to spread out as they learn more about Bucknell.
- Cleaning: The location will be rigorously cleaned after each information session.
- Guided tour: After the information session, we invite you to join us on a campus tour given by one of our student ambassadors.
- Face coverings required: All visitors (ages 2 and up) must wear face coverings while on campus. We will have a limited supply of face coverings available to those who need them.
- Additional measures added: We've placed signs to promote one-way foot traffic and stickers on the floor to remind visitors to remain 6 feet apart. Residence halls are unavailable to visitors, and we respectfully request that visitors refrain from entering buildings that are not entered during the formal Admissions tour.
Register for an information session and campus tour
We continue to offer virtual information sessions, hosted by an admissions counselor and current student(s) as well as virtual student ambassador chats and virtual student ambassador tours hosted by current students.
Virtual information sessions are being offered at these times:
- Starting Sept. 8:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3 p.m.
- Saturdays at 11 a.m.
- Additional dates: Sept. 18 and Sept. 28 at 9:30 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Virtual tours are being offered at these times:
- Starting Sept. 8:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 4 p.m.
- Saturdays at 12:30 p.m.
- Additional dates: Sept. 18 and Sept. 28 at 10:30 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Virtual student ambassador chats are being offered at these times:
- Tuesdays at 7 p.m.
- Ambassador chat themes:
- Sept. 22: Housing
- Sept. 29: The Arts at Bucknell (Special Guest: Associate Dean of Faculty for Arts & Humanities Kim Councill)
- Oct. 6: Freeman College of Management
- Oct. 13: Ask the Dean (with Dean of Admissions Kevin Mathes and Assistant Director of Admissions Kristin Morrow)
- Oct. 20: College of Engineering
- Oct. 27: Global and Off-campus Education
- Nov. 3: Daily Life (tips & tricks, transportation, time management, health & wellness, safety, IT, etc.)
- Nov. 10: Ask the Dean (with Dean of Admissions Kevin Mathes and Assistant Director of Admissions Kristin Morrow)
- Nov. 17: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Schedule your virtual visit