First-year Housing Assignments
The University assigns first-year students to rooms in first-year residence halls. If students choose to live in a Residential College, they will be assigned a room in the same residence hall as other students in the college.
As a first-year student, you will live in one of two types of floor or hall group:
- Coed by alternating room (men in one room, women in the next, with separate bathrooms).
- Single-gender halls (men and women on distinct floors or wings, with separate bathrooms).
First-Year Student Timeline
Residence hall assignments are made randomly within each class of students, except for those students participating in a special residential program such as an Affinity House. Housing assignments follow this timeline:
- ASAP by early June: If you are requesting housing accommodations, fill out the appropriate forms and return them to the Office of Accessibility Resources. Learn more about accommodations.
- By June 15: Complete the housing questionnaire in myHome. Complete your course registration if you have not already done so. You will not receive a room assignment until both your residence hall questionnaire and your course selection are complete.
- By mid-July to early August: Your housing assignment will be posted in myHome.
If you have concerns being placed in a housing assignment as described above and wish to discuss options, please contact:
Bill McCoy, director, Office of LGBT*Q Resources
Students from the same high school or hometown are not allowed to be first-year roommates. This is because Bucknell believes learning to live with new acquaintances is an essential part of the residential learning experience.
In order to be considered for a specific housing assignment, please contact us by June 9.
Room Draw for Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors
Timeslots will be released on Monday, March 16
Rising Seniors: Week of March 23 - 26
Rising Juniors: Week of March 30 - April 2
Rising Sophomores: Week of April 6-9
February 26 at 5:00 p.m. in Academic West 112
March 2 at 9:00 a.m. in ELC 241
March 16 at 9:00 p.m. in the ELC Gallery Theater
March 19 at 6:00 p.m. in Coleman 221